The Energy Storage Research Center (ESReC) is a joint research infrastructure platform between Bern University of Applied Sciences (BFH) and the Swiss Center for Electronics and Microtechnology (CSEM). Both BFH and CSEM are involved in the ongoing SCCER research efforts (Mobility, HaE, FURIES and FEEB&D). The aim of ESReC is to promote research and provide testing equipment for electrical storage systems, as developing these technologies will not only be essential for e-mobility solutions but also for integrating renewable energy sources into the energy system.
ESReC offers the following services for testing and characterizing electrochemical storage systems:
- Electrical and thermal characterization of cells, modules and packs
- Simulation and modeling
- State of charge (SoC) and state of health (SoH) algorithm development
- Battery management system (BMS) hardware and software development
- Battery storage system assessment, dimensioning and development
- Battery integration in electric vehicles and buildings
Services and corresponding equipment are located at the two locations in Biel/Nidau at the Switzerland Innovation Park Biel and in Neuchâtel at the CSEM headquarters.
For more information, check out the new ESReC website or contact Alejandro Santis.