Since 2007, the Eni Award distinguishes scientists and researchers from around the world for their outstanding research projects in the field of energy and sustainability. Thereby, it aims to promote a more efficient use of conventional energy sources, the gradual decarbonization of the energy system through renewable sources and research on environmental protection as well as to support young scientific talents.
The Eni Award assigns three main international prizes, two national prizes reserved for Italian PhD holders and two prizes dedicated to young African researchers:
- The Advanced Environmental Solutions Prize, worth 200.000 Euros
- The Energy Frontiers Prize, worth 200.000 Euros
- The Energy Transition Prize, worth 200.000 Euros
- Two Young Researcher of the Year Prizes, worth 25.000 Euros each
- Two Debut in Research: Young talents from Africa Prizes, consisting of two scholarships
Deadline for requesting an application account: November 10, 2017 (no later than 17:00 CET)
Deadline for final submission: November 24, 2017 (no later than 17:00 CET)
More information and application forms are available here.
Award Regulations (pdf)